1. Combine yeast, water, Bun mix in a mixer with a dough Hook or beater on slow until combined.
2. Scrape bowl and continue to mix for a further 6 min until dough is soft and supple.
3. Mix for 1min adding fruit slowly as mixer is running on slow
4. Divide into 100g portions- shape into a ball using a cupping motion with your hands, place buns on a pre greased baking tray. Leave enough room for expansion (appx 5mm)- Align the buns straight with each other – it will make piping easy.
5. Cover the buns with a cloth or cling film, and place in a warm spot to proof for 45-60min until the buns have expanded and are touching together.
6. While buns are proofing, prepare Cross Mix. In a small mixing bowl mix all ingredients together to form a smooth lump free paste. Transfer into a piping bag with round small nozzle or nip the end of piping bag off.
7. Once proofed – pipe cross lines over buns – then transfer into pre heated oven 180deg and bake for 15-20min or until golden brown.
8. Brush glaze mix over buns as cooling.
More From This Category